District

Students First,
from Cradle to Career

"Through partnerships and innovation, the Montevideo School District is committed to providing all students, from cradle to career, a world class educational foundation."

District Office Staff 

Wade McKittrick, Superintendent of Schools (wmckittrick@montevideoschools.org)
Adam Spray, Chief Business Official (adams@montevideoschools.org)
Erika Zachman, Payroll/Accounting Specialist(ezachman@montevideoschools.org)
Vera Weber, Tech. Integration Specialist (vweber@montevideoschools.org)
Michele Amborn, Office Manager (mamborn@montevideoschools.org)
Kim Kuhlmann, Curriculum/Assmt. Secretary(kkuhlmann@montevideoschools.org)
Janelle DeZeeuw, Food Service Secretary (jdezeeuw@montevideoschools.org)
Chuck Stark, Maintenance Director (chucks@montevideoschools.org)

2021 - 22 Enrollment

Head Start - 40
Early Childhood Programs - 189 
Kdgn - 104
Gr. 1 - 129
Gr. 2 - 88
Gr. 3 - 92
Gr. 4 - 97
Gr. 5 - 105
Gr. 6 - 115
Gr. 7 - 103
Gr. 8 - 99
Gr. 9 - 100
Gr. 10 - 112
Gr. 11 - 93
Gr. 12 - 98

Total K-12 Enrollment - 1335
Total overall - 1564

Sanford Education Center houses Kindergarten and many other Early Childhood programs
Ramsey Elementary School houses Grades 1-3 
Montevideo Middle School has Grades 4-7
Montevideo Senior High School has Grades 8-12

School History

Hillcrest School was built in 1911 at a cost of $16,000 (now demolished).
Central High School was built in 1914 at a cost of $100,000, with an addition in 1940 at a cost of $220,000 (now demolished except the auditorium known as the Fine Arts Center)
Sibley Elementary School was built in 1921 at a cost of $145,000 (closed in 1989 and now demolished).
Ramsey Elementary School was built in 1955 at a cost of $500,000.
Sanford Elementary School (now known as Sanford Education Center) was built in 1958 at a cost of $550,000
Montevideo Senior High School was built in 1966 at a cost of $1,648,000.
The Athletic Complex was added in 1982 at a cost of $574,220.
Montevideo Middle School was built in 1995 at a cost of $10,100,000.  The school opened for students in January 1996.